Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

I just got my fone interview, and I have a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my fone interview, and I have a few questions...

Yesterday, I received my fone interview for WSI. The guy that did the interview said that he wasn’t even the guy who does the interviews for the Iraq Fire Protection/ Firefighter position. He told me that they are trying to send a large group of firefighters over, and asked if I was still interested in the position. The interview pretty much was nothing but a review of my resume and my fire service experience. Pretty easy, thank you all for the information about the fone interview; it really helped me stay calm, and not sound like I was desperate for the job. He said that I was a really good candidate for the position, and that I would be receiving a "Job Offer" letter from Miss India Moore, and a Medical and Background Check packet, and that I also need to get my Passport as soon as possible. He also asked how my immediate family would feel about me being an a "War Zone", I told him that I wasn’t married nor have any kids, and that my family supports my decision to go over there. I also told him that I was going to the Alabama Fire College, from the 23rd to the 29th of August, to get my ARFF Firefighter and my ARFF Driver Operator and that I would not be able to go till after I am done with those courses. He, as well as I, doesn’t think that me going to the Alabama Fire College is going to keep me from going, because he asked if I am able to go over there within the next month and a half, and of course said yes. So I guess when I get my Medical and Background pack that will mean that I am going to get the job right? Does anyone have any idea what all is required for the physical, and if I can use/ or have a Navy Doctor do my physical? I am currently in the Navy Reserve, and I figure I would try to save a few dollars and see if I can get the Navy to help out with the physical. I asked him and he couldn’t give me an answer, so I figured I would ask and see if anyone on this fourm could help me answer that question. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciated all the help and advice!

congrats, and as long as your background is clear, you are hired... I'm currently with the group that was suppose to depart july 19, but due to some new visas guidelines we have to wait the normal 4-6 weeks to depart, so i think we will be out of here by aug 16.. as for the medical packet.. i dont see any issues with it being a navy doctor.. as long as he is a doctor, that packet even states a P.A. can exam you.. so you should be good to go.. good luck brother...

Comment

Originally posted by jadiam View Post
      congrats, and as long as your background is clear, you are hired... I'm currently with the group that was suppose to depart july 19, but due to some new visas guidelines we have to wait the normal 4-6 weeks to depart, so i think we will be out of here by aug 16.. as for the medical packet.. i dont see any issues with it being a navy doctor.. as long as he is a doctor, that packet even states a P.A. can exam you.. so you should be good to go.. good luck brother...
      Thanks! Im pretty sure my background is clear, I still have my Secret Clearance in the Navy, but who knows. Im not gona stress over it too much, Im pretty sure I will be fine, I dont have anything to hide and I've never been in trouble with the law or anything like that. I kind of figured that trying to get a Navy Doctor to do my physical would be ok. I just hope that I can get them to do it for me. What visa guidelines are keeping you from going now? Im just wondering, because I dont really want it to happen to me. Good luck out there brother, maybe I get sent to where your at.

Comment

If you are in the reserves. How can u go over seas?

Comment

I was in the reserves when I went over there. Just get with your unit about missing your man days. Maybe it's different in Ireland than it is in the US.

To the OP, I'd probably try to figure out how to spell phone properly, as you will be required to spell the word while in dispatch.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
            I was in the reserves when I went over there. Just get with your unit about missing your man days. Maybe it's different in Ireland than it is in the US.

To the OP, I'd probably try to figure out how to spell phone properly, as you will be required to spell the word while in dispatch.
            I already talked with my Command, told them what is going on, and about my options with the Navy Reserve. I am going to go IRR while Im there, and Ill try to do some NKO courses while Im there for the points. Yea I know how to spell phone quite well thank you, I spell it my way when I dont have to worry about grammar, punctuation, or spelling. And the Irishfirefighter is from Florida not Ireland.

Comment

The visa requirements for Iraq have recently changed. In the past WSI and other companies were able to submit the visa request 2 weeks before a groups deployment date. The Iraqi government has recently decided that they are prohibiting the short notice visas and requiring the process to take 4 - 6 weeks. So, thats what Jadiam and myself are waiting on.

Comment

Spelling

What is a fone interview?
                FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
                  What is a fone interview?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing myself. Must be sumting knew, huh??
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by TRivera24 View Post
                    Yea I know how to spell phone quite well thank you, I spell it my way when I dont have to worry about grammar, punctuation, or spelling.

Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you don't have to worry about grammar, punctuation, or spelling. It reflects big time on what others think of you, and it doesn't take all that much extra time to use real words, and complete sentences with punctuation.

This isn't a text message, this is a forum. Call me a Grammar Nazi if you must, but it's one of my pet peeves.

Good luck overseas, perhaps I will see you in the near future. I've been pondering doing this myself.
                    Last edited by Chenzo; 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM.
                    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

"this a forum" ?? ahhhhh glass houses.....

Comment

Originally posted by Firstin1968 View Post
                        "this a forum" ?? ahhhhh glass houses.....
                        Corrected.

Difference between the two is, mine was a simple mistake, and his misspelling was intentional and lazy.
                        "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Drama...

As usual someone manages to drag the conversation way off topic....DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it dumb to see bad grammar, spelling AND punctuation errors on the forum? Probably...does it matter? T.h.I.n.K.i.N.g....not so much...BUT...You better start learning to do your 2's, 4's, 7's, 8's and 3's clean and neat. AND NO, it's not in chronological order...spelled that one right too...no spell check folks...it's a magic trick I know.

A phone interview is pretty self explanatory...but I will explain it anyway for you guys in one word...D-U-H. WOW! How hard was explanatory to spell! Glad I got it right or the FORUM SS would show up and really ruin my day when they started using a few choice words like Pet and peeve.

Am I in Iraq? No...am I going to be...nope...been there...got all the t-shirts....well..most of them anyway. They now clutter my drawer at home now. Darn. Spelling good so far? GREAT! PRESSING ON THEN!

I make a motion that we adjourn this meeting...

BOBBY HILL was here....
                          "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
                          Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Comment

Originally posted by rfalana View Post
                            The visa requirements for Iraq have recently changed. In the past WSI and other companies were able to submit the visa request 2 weeks before a groups deployment date. The Iraqi government has recently decided that they are prohibiting the short notice visas and requiring the process to take 4 - 6 weeks. So, thats what Jadiam and myself are waiting on.
                            Ahhh, now I see, thanks rfalana for the heads up about the visa thing. The guy that did my PHONE interview said that they would like me to be able to leave within the next month and a half. I told him that I was going to the Alabama Fire College to get my ARFF Firefighter and my ARFF Driver Operator, and I will be ready and able to go after I complete those courses. I still have to get my passport, and have it expedited; damn thing is going to cost an arm and a leg! If I get this straight, WSI will get my visa and take care of everything involved with the visa, right? Because when I finally get my passport, they will probably want me to leave. When you got your “Job Offer” letter and Medical and Background pack, did it have an anticipated/ estimated “leave date”? Thanks again for the visa help.

On another note, I never knew one word would cause so much controversy, so let me apologize. Never knew there were so many spelling Gestapo’s here!

Comment

Originally posted by ffbobbyhill View Post

I make a motion that we adjourn this meeting...

BOBBY HILL was here....
                              I second.

All in favor?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X