Training while in Iraq questons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training while in Iraq questons...

I just received my "Initial Application" packet today in the mail, the one that says: "We've reviewed your resume and would like to proceed to the next step of the application process." I've read most of the threads about working for WSI out in Iraq. I'm gona give it a go; I could use the money, and hopefully the experience. I was wondering about the training while out there. If I was to get hired, I would try to use the time out there to earn as many DOD certifications as I could, so that I could better qualify myself for when I return back to the States and I apply for DOD firefighting jobs. I currently have my DOD Firefighter I & II, DOD HazMat Awareness & Operations, and I am a NREMT-Basic. I would like to earn my DOD ARFF Firefighter, and as many DOD Driver/ Operator certifications as I can while I was over there. One of the threads I read says; trying to get additional DOD Certifications is practically imposable. I hope that this isn't the case. So if anyone has any information about the training over there or if it is possible to earn additional DOD certifications while over there, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Travis J. Rivera

If anyone has any information about the above post, could you please email me at [email protected], thank you once again for the help.

Comment

I was in Iraq in '07-'08. I don't know if things have changed since then, but when I was there it was easy to get certs. I got D/O, MWS, Inspector I & II, T-comm I & II. ARFF might be more difficult to get but it really depends on what site they send you to. Good luck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X